We are looking for a Lviv-based Guest Producer to work with production teams and be responsible for researching, finding and delivering guest interviews for programs of Radio Svoboda. You will maintain both their own contacts and be responsible for maintaining and improving Current Time’s contacts database, bringing diverse contributors who help build the channel’s brand and credibility.
- Liaises with Current Time production teams on identifying potential topics for interview segments.
- Originates, researches, establishes contacts, vets and verifies experts and contributors and works with different Current Time TV programs to book guests as required.
- Books guests for Current Time TV standard programming and special shows, and ensures that they make it to air, taking responsibility for arranging logistics with producers and other departments where needed.
- Maintains a strong personal contacts book and maintains and improves the Current Time TV contacts.
- Participates in regular editorial meetings and keeps abreast of local, national, and international current events. Monitors other international sources to develop contacts globally.
- Brings high-profile guests for Current Time TV programming. Manages communication, including formal request letters.
- Participates in special projects’ development, contributing ideas for guests speakers.
- Brings creativity and flexibility to the role, as well as a genuine passion for explaining stories to the audiences in Current Time’s broadcast region.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if the candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- At least 5 years of media experience.
- Experience working in a real-time broadcast news environment is helpful.
- Must have excellent research abilities and sound editorial judgment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Well-organised, with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively prioritize workload.
- An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries is desirable.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
- Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
- Proficiency in English, mandatory
- Ukrainian, Russian proficiency, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.