We are looking for a Kyiv-based Digital Editor to be responsible for optimally publishing our journalism on our sites. You must be ready to work on other platforms if needed. You should be able to carry out all functions of other digital editors on the team.
You will communicate proactively with stakeholders across various divisions and teams, including writers and editors, to ensure that published content meet expectations across platforms. You’ll work closely with a small, self-directed team to meet daily publishing deadlines.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism – and be keen to pursue innovative forms of storytelling and audience development across platforms.
- You prepare content to be published. You share responsibility for posting clean and compelling content to the website, esp. with an eye to use on mobile devices, and to other platforms like social media and newsletters.
- You manage content and copy flow in coordination with other editors. You conduct quality tests on content pre- and post-publish, fix errors in published content, and test new site changes and features.
- You take a proactive role in editorial meetings, keeping up with the news and pitching compelling story ideas.
- If requested, you take on writing, editing, and production assignments.
- You perform related work as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- Extensive experience in project management
- Extensive experience in publishing projects across platforms
- Experience in effectively supervising others
- Experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Strong reporting and editing background.
- Strong news judgment.
- Team-based work ethic.
- Understanding of digital success metrics.
- Familiarity with social media storytelling and search engine optimization
- Ability to deliver fast, accurate and compelling copy and visual production.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- A commitment to our mission, journalistic impartiality and integrity is a must. Adherence to our professional standards and best practices is required.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Ukrainian language - proficient level.
- Russian language - proficient level.
- English language - proficient level.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.