We are looking for a Lviv-based Multimedia Producer to work with the supervisor in finding and creating content for the service broadcasts and associated web and social media sites.
- Researches and writes news copy and video packages, news segments, suggests guests and interviews for news and in-depth segments . Produces original multimedia content and gathers content from RFE/RL language services and news agencies. For needs, travels to the field to produce stories and report for the service.
- Adapts video content produced by other RFE/RL language services for use by the service. Coordinates with producers to obtain video files, transcripts, and translations. Adapts and rewrites original scripts into target audience language. Shares the service video materials with RFE/RL’s Multimedia department and other language services.
- Stays on top of news and events. Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage and interview opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to team members for discussion at the daily editorial meeting. Assists assigned supervisors in coordinating story submissions by RFE/RL correspondents.
- Books guests and conducts studio, telephone, and Skype interviews. Develops and cultivates extensive contacts, prepares information to enable high-quality interviews. Gathers videos elements for use during associated interviews.
- Assembles and edits recorded video footage into a finished project that is suitable for broadcasting. Ensures logical sequencing and the highest production values of the service videos. Exercises quality control for videos assembled by video editors.
- Works closely with the team to make sure video and graphics elements are ready for air. Loads ready-to-air video into Octopus, enters scripts into the teleprompter, changes scripts as determined by the supervisor.
- Constructs and manages the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consults with the supervisor about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos.
- Creates and monitors the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Hosts/Anchors and Executive Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
- Initiates and participates in the post-promotion of the program on various platforms.
- Edits raw video if required, and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if the candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- 3 years of experience working in news gathering operation, preferable
- Experience working in a real-time broadcast news environment is helpful.
- Must have excellent research abilities and sound editorial judgment.
- Video editing and writing skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent news judgment and a understanding of both international news as well as regional developments in Ukraine.
- Well-organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively prioritize workload.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
- Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
- Russian, Ukrainian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.