We are looking for a Kyiv-based Digital Forensics Reporter to be responsible for research and investigation in a time of war conditions with disinformation, corruption, war crimes, cyberattacks and untold stories behind the scenes. You must be passionate for and have experience in digital investigative journalism using the best OSINT and forensic practices.
You must have a good eye for detail, in particular augmenting own idea with photos, videos, and background material. Digital Forensics Reporter will work autonomously but in the same time cooperate with other colleagues and report to Chief Digital Editor.
- Develops the idea and builds a full story from scratch.
- Verifying, fact-checking the information, debunking and pre-bunking misinformation.
- Deep research of social media and resonant war topics.
- Works with sources and experts.
- If requested, takes on writing, editing, and production assignments.
- Cooperates with other colleagues in creating complex stories.
- Creates short forms for different platforms as well as long forms.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- Strong news judgment, attention to details and proved investigation/factchecking background is required.
- Technical skills on verifying information.
- Deep understanding of how social media and other open sources work.
- Digital security awareness.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required.
- Familiarity with best digital investigation approaches.
- Keen interest in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism and also in pursuing innovative forms of storytelling as well as audience development across platforms.
- A commitment to our mission, journalistic impartiality and integrity is a must.
- Adherence to our professional standards and best practices is required.
- Ukrainian language - proficient level.
- English language - proficient level.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.