We are looking for an Editor to join our Schemes program team. You will shape each day's content, from idea generation through to editing the final product. You will have a sound news judgment stemming from years of experience in journalism, an ability to work cooperatively under pressure and a commitment to nurture correspondents are required. An absolute commitment to journalistic impartiality should guide editors from start to finish.
- In cooperation with other senior staff in the Bureau, helps plan the Service agenda. Engages in idea generation with writers on the team, finalizes assignments, supervises their completion and edits and issues the final product in a timely manner.
- Final product can include, but is not limited to, full-length web features, interviews, explainers, analyses, blogs, captions, video scripts, news stories.
- Works closely with the Executive Producer of the Schemes desk to supervise a team of writers and reporters, providing feedback, managing the team's work activities, and setting objectives.
- Researches material and, exercising editorial judgment, selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources.
- Keeps deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Must keep up with world news and developments in RFE/RL broadcast region.
- Should cultivate one or more specialty beats.
- Editors are encouraged and expected to work closely with language service broadcasters and to suggest their own pitches and story ideas.
- In addition to working regular shifts, the editor is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by the Service Director or Bureau senior managers.
- Education in Journalism or related field.
- Extensive experience in news and feature journalism, as both a reporter and an editor, including on digital platforms - 10 years minimum
- Solid grounding in TV and web production, editing and posting on digital platforms.
- Knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the country and the broader region through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team, and to motivate others towards the achievement of common goals, while managing limited resources in an efficient manner.
- First rate news judgment employing balance and accuracy in reporting techniques.
- Proven ability to work quickly and efficiently to solve technical and operational problems under tight deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of the news needs in the broadcast area. Capable of assessing news reports from multiple news agencies and own sources.
- Ukrainian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.