We are looking for an Associate Digital Editor to join our Ukrainian Service Digital team. You will be responsible for optimally publishing our journalism on our sites and on other platforms, including social media and subscription services, so that it reaches new audiences, deepening loyalty and building trust.
Production is integral to RFE/RL’s editorial process and success, and as a full-time team member, you will be too. You must have a good eye for presentation, in particular augmenting text with photos, videos, and background material.
We are a team that places high value on collaboration, both in our daily work and in our efforts to continually improve how we work. You should be able to carry out all functions of other digital editors on the team. You communicate proactively with stakeholders across various divisions and teams, including writers and editors, to ensure that published content meet expectations across platforms. You’ll work closely with a small, self-directed team to meet daily publishing deadlines.
This role is an opportunity to explore the role of RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with different ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism – and be keen to pursue innovative forms of storytelling and audience development across platforms.
A commitment to our mission, journalistic impartiality and integrity is a must. Adherence to our professional standards and best practices is required.
This position reports to the Chief Digital Editor.
- You prepare content to be published. You share responsibility for posting clean and compelling content to the website, esp. with an eye to use on mobile devices, and to other platforms like social media and newsletters.
- You manage content and copy flow in coordination with other editors. You conduct quality tests on content pre- and post-publish, fix errors in published content, and test new site changes and features.
- You will work with RFE/RL’s Digital Strategy team to actively share experiences of your team’s work with the entire organization and adapt accounts, processes and output to align with central guidelines and common standards.
- You take a proactive role in editorial meetings, keeping up with the news and pitching compelling story ideas.
- You manage and assign tasks to members of the digital team and put together schedules for content and shifts.
- If requested, you take on writing, editing, and production assignments.
- If assigned to lead a team, you will support the growth, goal setting, professional development, and performance of staff.
- You perform related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- Familiarity with video editing skills with proficient video editing skills.
- Experience in project management
- Strong reporting and editing background.
- Strong news judgment
- Team-based work ethic
- Understanding of digital success metrics
- Familiarity with social media storytelling and search engine optimization
- Ability to deliver fast, accurate and compelling copy and visual production.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Familiarity with html and video editing are a plus.
• Ukrainian language, Proficient (Mandatory)
• English language, Working knowledge (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.