We are looking for a Telegram Editor for Ukrainian Service to be based in Lviv and be responsible for producing compelling and engaging content for Radio Svoboda’s channel on Telegram.
As an integral part of our dedicated digital team for Telegram, you will produce news and content on mission-oriented and trending topics and contribute to developing an effective result-oriented distribution strategy on the platform. A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is a must.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This job is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities.
You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. You are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling across platforms.
This position reports to the Senior Social Media Editor of Ukrainian Service.
- Maintains Radio Svoboda’s Telegram channel, publishes compelling content that meets RFE/RL editorial standards
- Writes unbiased and factual news stories based on trusted sources on topics relevant for the target audience
- Closely follows best practices on Telegram and actively participates in shaping Radio Svoboda’s distribution strategy on the platform
- Expected to explore innovative angles and formats of coverage that contributes to higher ERR (engagement rate by reach) and citation index of Radio Svoboda Telegram channel
- Collaborates with digital distribution team, video producers and graphics editors in adapting multimedia content for Telegram use
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to the target region. Briefs himself/herself on latest news and issues prior to starting workday
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- Extensive experience in producing news
- Strong news judgment
- Proficiency in multimedia storytelling for digital platforms
- Team-based work ethics
- Understanding of digital success metrics
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, when required
- Ukrainian (fluent), mandatory
- English (proficient), strongly preferred
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.