Internship opportunity in External Affairs, Prague
If you are passionate about making a meaningful impact in countries where free media is endangered or absent, RFE/RL provides an exceptional internship opportunity for eligible and qualified students. Interns will engage with seasoned professionals for firsthand insight into our mission as a prominent global media organization. Through this experience, you will acquire valuable practical skills and real-world knowledge, while working alongside an assigned mentor.
Our External Affairs department is seeking interns to assist with group visits by academic and professional institutions and VIP visitors. This requires learning about our organization’s history as well as current operations. Interns will also organize and conduct tours of our Prague headquarters, informing visitors about RFE/RL.
This position is available to Czech and international students who are in Prague and in good academic standing with their current institution. Interns will work in a fast-paced, diverse communications and public affairs operation. Due to the learning curve that this position demands, we expect prospective candidates to work for 3 months and a minimum of 10 hours a week.
What we are looking for:
· passion for current affairs and journalism
· strong interest in the history and mission of RFE/RL
· presentation skills
· organizational skills
· willingness to learn and innovate
You will learn:
· about the work of RFE/RL’s External Affairs department
· how to organize and run events
· effective public speaking and stakeholder engagement
· enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing
· fluency in English required; Czech would also be helpful
· an educational background and/or experience in communications, journalism, political science, international relations, or any other related field
· interest in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions
· communications skills
· ability to work under tight deadlines
· ability to multitask and work independently
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.