Reporting to and working closely with the External Affairs Manager, External Affairs Officer works very closely with the External Affairs Manager (for whom they also deputize) to identify and secure opportunities to promote RFE/RL and the work of its journalists, developing and maintaining relationships with national authorities, think tanks, and NGOs.
- Deputize for the External Affairs Manager in Prague as required, including by:
- Keeping abreast of all Prague-based communication work and ensuring that senior management, including the president and editor in chief, is informed
- Ensuring queries and requests from external stakeholders, including media inquiries, are dealt with in a timely manner
- Responding to urgent requests from senior management
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Prague External Affairs team
- Proactively generate opportunities for and lead on external visits to and events at RFE/RL’s Prague headquarters
- Work with external partners to identify opportunities to place topics of relevance to RFE/RL and speakers at conferences and other public-facing events, including during the Czech presidency of the EU
- Proactively identify and bring to fruition opportunities for mutually beneficial cooperation with external partners, in particular NGOs and think tanks
- Draft written communication materials, including press releases, as required
- Produce innovative social media content aimed at Czech, European and US audiences
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
A master’s degree in international relations or related field; or equivalent experience
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a communications role, which included event management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to flex communication style to engage different audiences
- Proactive approach to stakeholder relationship management Ability to think strategically and apply sound judgement
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team within a busy and demanding work environment
- Familiarity with Czech politics and government institutions as well as the non-profit sector
- Familiarity with RFE/RL’s coverage region and knowledge of local languages is an advantage
Proficiency in written and oral English and Czech (will be tested)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.