The Digital Communications Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a multi-platform social media and web strategy, in consultation with the Director of Communications. This position will create and develop engaging content demonstrating RFE/RL’s impact. The Digital Communications Officer must have a deep understanding of specific social media channels and web content; and how to best leverage these to expand audience reach and to meet defined communications goals. This position is based in Washington, DC but works closely with an External Affairs team that is based both in DC and Prague. The incumbent will work across the organization especially with RFE/RL’s in-house digital strategy teams to implement best-in-class web pages, curating content exclusively for RFE/RL’s External Affairs sites which provides information about RFE/RL’s mission, its journalists and compelling story-telling – all within an overall more streamlined user experience.
- Develop appropriately formatted content for the External Affairs Team’s social media accounts, including graphics and basic video as needed
- Maintain a social media content calendar
- Track social media analytics to measure performance, define goals, and develop informed responses to increase audience reach and engagement
- Monitor search engine optimization and user engagement to develop content optimization
- Regularly update designated portions of the RFE/RL website
- Design and implement strategies to promote corporate RFE/RL communications products (website pages, press releases, podcasts, newsletters) across social media platforms
- Responds to direct messages and posts consistently and in line with content moderation standards supporting a tolerant and hate-free online environment
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards
- Maintain updated knowledge of latest social media practices and technologies
- Provide guidance and training, as directed, on best practices in digital communications
- Work collaboratively across RFE/RL to find examples of journalistic work that support communications goals
- Other tasks as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field is preferred, or the equivalent in experience
- Minimum of three years of social media experience in government or a mission-driven organization, preferably with an international focus, with a portfolio of successful social media content and design campaign required
- Proven graphic design experience, including video/photo/text editing, and knowledge of design software (Canva, Adobe Effects, PhotoShop, Illustrator)
- Experience with social media analytics, including Chartbeat, SocialBakers, and Google analytics
- Background in international affairs/international development and a commitment to RFE/RL’s mission
- Proven track record executing digital campaigns, including strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other platforms
- Strong knowledge of web design
- Thorough understanding of social media performance indicators, SEO, and best practices in online marketing
- Knowledge of pay-per-click budgeting and post optimization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Capacity to work independently and as a member of a team with ability to inspire colleagues to adopt new ways of working and understanding social media.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with a wide range of individuals and stakeholders in an international, multicultural environment.
Spoken and written English fluency required
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. In some cases, if selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment check from public sources.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.