We are looking for Planning Producer to join our Current Time TV Channel news team. You will work closely with the Senior Planning Producer and other Producers to help coordinate news content production across Current Time news programs and plan the logistics for live coverage of breaking news. You will also work closely with Current Time Digital team and other relevant RFE/RL departments to coordinate the production and delivery of visual news content that is on time, relevant to the RFE/RL mission, and conforming to RFE/RL’s Professional Code.
- Manages Current Time’s editorial calendar of major events and dates in collaboration with other coordinators, Executive Producer, Planning &Bureaus.
- Gathers story and events information from various verified news sources.
- Collaborates with coordinators, reporters to gather daily, weekly coverage information and optimize editorial coverage.
- Maintains and distributes daily, weekly coverage updates to all Current Time’s teams and other departments.
- Coordinates requests, including studio/crew bookings for live connections, studio interviews, field shoots in close collaboration with Live Producer.
- Keeps track of commissioned content, asset delivery, production issues. Reports updates/progress to Senior Producer.
- Liaises with global news agencies on coverage plans, manages relevant permissions and clearances for UGC and third-party content.
- Helps to coordinate advanced editorial planning (six weeks, six months ahead) that's both topic- and events-based. Researches story ideas, guests, pitches ideas for editorial meetings.
- Works in tandem with Executive Producers, show producers, coordinators, reporters to develop and communicate a comprehensive coverage of major special events.
- Identifies trends and insights using analytics data, and turns them into actionable recommendations for the Editors.
- Occasionally helps on long-form, special projects production by bookings speakers, contributing to and coordinating field work.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if the candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- 3 years of experience working in an international news gathering operation, preferable
- Experience working in a real-time broadcast news environment is helpful.
- Must have excellent research abilities and sound editorial judgment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Well-organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively prioritize workload.
- An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries is desirable.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
- Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
- Russian language proficiency, mandatory
- English language B2 level, mandatory
- Czech language B2 level desirable
- Working knowledge of a Central Asian language, desirable but not required
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.