We are looking for an Enterprise Producer who will work with the newsroom journalists and external contributors on coordination, development, planning, and production of original stories both in the short and long-term, which go beyond regular reporting of events, adding depth component to the daily news coverage. You will collaborate with different teams and departments to create timely programs in various formats suitable for television and digital platforms and help the colleagues to shape their stories in accordance with the highest production values. We expect you to have a keen understanding of RFE/RL’s production capabilities and be willing to do occasional reporting and serve as a coordinating producer on special projects and other stories as requested.
- Develops and produces in collaboration with assigned journalists and contributors original in-depth special reports and programs that are distinct from regular newscasts. Focuses on creation of compelling and engaging content, visual elements, and graphics.
- Helps Enterprise Editor, Operations Director, Office Manager to Identify staff and freelance teams to work on special reports, manages resources, projects coordination and costs, ensures efficient use technical and human resources.
- Cooperates with commissioning and acquisitions team on arrangement of internally produced, commissioned, or acquired content.
- Works with teams from the language services, other departments, and field bureaus on special in-depth coverage.
- Conducts and directs research, checks for facts, style, and thoroughness of reporting. Ensures journalistic quality, visual, and factual accuracy before the finished piece goes on air.
- Follows RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Collaborates with legal and standards teams to ensure that stories are accurate, fair, and adhere to editorial standards.
- Works with video editors on investigative and other special projects, keeps track of production progress on program elements.
- Provides technical guidance, feedback and coaching to video journalists to improve the quality of reporting.
- Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to Enterprise Editor and other CT colleagues. Contributes ideas for discussion at the daily editorial meeting and the weekly look-ahead meetings.
- Expects to be available for breaking news coverage.
- Journalism degree or the equivalent in experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a 24/7 news gathering operation with a proven track record of producing compelling and engaging stories.
- Extensive writing, reporting, editing, and coordination experience in video news and/or investigative production.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
- Strong news judgment, excellent reporting and video packaging production skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with reporters in the field to help shape their reporting and provide appropriate context. Maintains a network of source contacts.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, team player who is able to step into leadership roles as needed.
- Willingness to travel for work-related events.
- Detailed knowledge of political, economic, social, and cultural situations in the broadcast area as well as internationally acquired through relevant experience or exposure.
- Good organizational and time management skills, ability to work under deadlines, ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Russian language, proficient, mandatory
- English language, proficient, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.