We are looking for a Motion Graphics Designer for to join our TV production team https://www.currenttime.tv based in Prague. You will work closely with the producers to create daily news broadcast graphics, video packages and other elements for TV, web and mobile platforms. You will also mentors and trains junior graphics designer staff.
The job requires working an early morning shifts starting from 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning.
- Designs infographics, native visual stories for TV packages, and design elements for feature content.
- Works with Line producers to visualize and create graphic elements for video packages.
- Develops the overall look and feel of TV shows, including wall treatments, promo production, graphic teases, video promos, and the presentation of social media.
- Creates graphics for green screen and edits video accordingly.
- Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
- Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
- Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
- Creates flawless final cuts.
- Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Stays on top of news and events in the region.
- Mentors and trains junior graphics designers in standard and new techniques of static and motion graphics design.
- Undergraduate BA degree or certificate in Fine Arts or Design but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a motion graphics designer
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D graphic design packages, Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Premier, Media Encoder & Photoshop to create multimedia designs and graphic concepts in liaison with animators/motion graphics specialists, programmers, writers, multimedia specialists and video editors.
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to operate a DSLR camera for still and video recording to create promos and show elements.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and demonstrate that s/he is results oriented. The candidate must be able to work closely with the Executive and other Producers and should also have the ability to stay on top of the news and events in the region.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships.
- Must be organized, pro-active and communicate clearly and directly.
- Ability and to deliver product under short deadlines.
- Flexibility to change work flow and operational plan as news and deadlines dictate.
- Russian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.