Join Our Team as a Multimedia Producer at Current Time!
Are you passionate about storytelling and multimedia production? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a multicultural focus? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are seeking a talented and experienced Multimedia Producer to join our team and play a key role in shaping the narrative of our broadcast region.
Current Time is the leading independent Russian-language television channel, providing factual news, unbiassed reporting, and engaging video content to Russian-speaking audiences. We strive to ensure people have access to accurate information in places where such access may be limited by censorship, and freedom of speech may be under threat.
This position is a maternity leave replacement.
Reporting to the Service Director and collaborating with the Editor of the Service language website, the Multimedia Content Producer will be the driving force behind the publication of captivating multimedia content. From photos and videos to live broadcasts, you will work closely with web editors, ensuring our content reaches audiences across web platforms, social media, and YouTube.
What does the role entail?
- Create original multimedia content for the broadcast region language website, including news and feature videos, audio slideshows, and photo galleries.
- Adapt video content from RFE/RL correspondents for web and social media platforms.
- Monitor agency videos for breaking news, producing versions for online use.
- Commission videos and photo galleries from on-the-ground stringers.
- Provide feedback and training to video journalists and service directors to enhance standards and cross-department collaboration.
- Assist citizen journalists in submitting their content to the Service.
- Develop and maintain web page infrastructure, assess new technologies, and manage publishing tools.
- Cut, encode, and implement audio and video elements, collaborating on technical aspects with other staff.
- Stay current on web technologies and developments, working closely with the Technology division.
- Handle technical aspects of the site, including publishing tools, graphic databases, and photo editing software.
- Create RSS feeds and employ automated content delivery methods.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Education: Post-secondary or community college education, combined with relevant experience.
- Work Experience: 5-8 years of broad knowledge in political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area and international affairs. Technical discipline experience required.
- Previous experience in a multicultural or multinational environment, or living and working abroad.
- Radio broadcasting experience is essential.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
- Thrives under pressure and works effectively with minimum supervision.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Directs and monitors recording, operates audio equipment, and oversees production.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and possesses end-user knowledge.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, project management, and relevant software.
- Expertise in photo, sound, and video production.
- Russian: Native-level proficiency.
- Proficiency in another relevant language and broadcast region language, in addition to English.
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (public transport contribution, supplementary pension insurance, life insurance, sick days, in-house language courses, professional training, meal allowance, 25 days of vacation leave)
- Modern, state-of-the-art work environment with convenient access to various public transit options near Želivského metro station
- Hybrid work environment that allows for a mix of remote work and in office presence
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Positions at RFE/RL are considered Public Trust Positions, with appointment contingent upon the positive outcome of a background investigation.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.