We are looking for a Line Producer for our morning news program https://www.currenttime.tv/utro . The show is currently produced from our office in Prague but prospective candidates will be asked to move to Riga in the spring/summer next year. You will be responsible for bringing the show to air standard and make sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction.
The job requires working an early morning shifts starting from 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning.
- Responsible for bringing the show to air. During the broadcast informs Executive Producer of what’s coming up and makes snap decisions on floating and killing stories.
- Constructs and manages the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consults with Executive Producer about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos. Makes sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction.
- Creates and monitors the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Anchors and Executive Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
- Communicates clearly and directly with Anchors and Executive Producer, liaise with technical and location staff.
- Deals with all incoming video ingest issues and is responsible for video storage. Makes sure video and graphics are in the Tricaster and ready for daily air.
- Participates in research and content gathering from news agencies and RFE/RL’s language services.
- Edits raw videos and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Points out daily show issues in post-mortem meetings coordinating with entire team to ensure high standards.
- Performs related duties as needed. Writing and edits news copy and scripts as needed, ensuring all elements in the rundown are ready for air. May act as a substitute for other comparable roles, e.g. video editor, teleprompter operator..
- Undergraduate BA degree (in communications or journalism preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience working in journalism/editorial/TV production role with the responsibility for newsroom systems operation, televisions production, including live streaming from the field
- Working knowledge of the relevant broadcast region.
- Video editing and writing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be organized and pro-active with strong leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Must be open to feedback and on-going self-development
- Russian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.