Current Time is the leading independent Russian-language television channel, providing factual news, unbiassed reporting, and engaging video content to Russian-speaking audiences. We strive to ensure people have access to accurate information in places where such access may be limited by censorship, and freedom of speech may be under threat.
We are looking for a The TV Anchor/Multimedia Journalist to be an integral member of the Current Time Channel news production team. You will host a variety of news programs as well as contributing journalistically to the content of the shows produced both for TV and digital platforms. You will work with the Managing Editor, Executive Producers and other editors and producers to ensure proper planning, production, and presentation of show output. Your will provide reporting from the field in addition to interviews, special projects, and regular news and information packages. You may be asked to serve as the permanent Anchor of a signature program, at the decision of Channel management. You will participate in promotional campaigns and additional assignments for digital platforms as needed.
- Hosts Current Time TV and digital video shows. Capable of preparing and planning for weekday and weekend shows, writes news segments, suggests guests and interviews for news and in-depth segments. Conducts in-studio, telephone, Skype, and field interviews.
- Writes her/his own news copy and edits intros supplied by reporters. Writes packages and collaborates with reporters in the field. Follows particular beats and topics, carries out in-depth research to a broad brief, preparing for interviews and show segments. May travel to the field.
- Adapts and develops a presentation style tailored for a specific show. Anchors live breaking news coverage, if required, providing a confident and knowledgeable commentary, both scripted and ad libitum in case of a developing story.
- Participates in channel and program promotional campaigns as requested by Channel management.
- Contributes work to non-TV programming for Current Time’s digital platforms as requested by Channel management.
- Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Checks script accuracy, facts, style, and thoroughness of his/her own reporting. Exercises good news judgment to keep track of what stories are topical. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities.
- Provides feedback and training to video journalists in an effort to improve the quality of reporting. Takes part in relevant training sessions offered by RFE/RL’s Training department to improve her/his performance.
- Presents coverage possibilities to Managing Editor, Executive Producers for discussion at the daily editorial meeting and the weekly look-ahead meeting in close collaboration with the rest of the team. Cooperates with Enterprise Reporting Editor and digital platforms editors on creating special reports and other multimedia projects and formats.
- Provides reporting from the field in addition to interviews, special projects, and regular news and information packages.
- Serves as the permanent Anchor of a signature program, at the decision of Channel management
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications (journalism desirable), or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working in comparable journalism/editorial/TV production role in a news media organization
- Previous professional experience as an anchor, moderator, or TV host
- Must have understanding of TV and digital video production process and roles (especially in the studio).
- Must have excellent news judgment and a good understanding of both international news as well as regional developments in Russia, Ukraine, Central Asia, and other Current Time broadcast countries.
- Positive, professional demeanor; highly organized, dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral with ability to influence and express conceptual ideas.
- Ability to mentor and train junior or less experienced staff.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Must be willing to take direction, and open to feedback and on-going self-development
- Russian language, native level.
- English language, advanced level.
- Knowledge of another RFE/RL target language desirable but not essential
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.