We are looking for a TV Correspondent who will work as a field correspondent and reporter on assignments while based in our Moscow bureau. You will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (TV, online, social media) as assigned, relevant to the Channel's target audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards. You may need to acquire knowledge of and focus on different areas for your assignments or projects while in the same job and while being flexible in terms of time and location.
- Creates original content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from pieces to camera and short packages to features and analyses.
- Works as field correspondent and reporter on assignments, determining focus of reports.
- Conducts interviews in the studio or in the field. When able to draw on specialist knowledge, be ready to be interviewed or provide expertise as required.
- Moderates, delivers live, blogs, records, contributes, inputs online, shoots video and photos as required, coordinates other staff, sound and camera crews as necessary.
- Produces live or recorded content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment, and/or directs specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
- Reacts to breaking news developments and is ready to report live (with both scripted and ad libitum commentary) or produce recorded pieces at short notice. Ready to work on weekends and outside hours if required by the breaking news developments.
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to Russia/Ukraine. Briefs himself/herself on latest news and issues prior to starting work day.
- Researches material and, exercising editorial judgment, selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources.
- Keeps deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material.
- Actively participates in program feedback sessions.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- Explores innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience and to serve as an example for best practice journalism.
- University education in journalism or related field, or equivalent relevant training and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a field TV reporter.
- History of successful handling of progressively challenging assignments.
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Possesses comprehensive content creation skills that can be held up as examples of best-practice journalism.
- Evidence of creative handling of subjects in content and in form in own work and on any platform and in coaching others in this respect.
- Displays innovative, creative, cross-platform approach to journalism in own work and in influencing others, resulting in viable suggestions for coverage and delivery.
- Takes full responsibility for own professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Native fluency in Russian.
- Working English proficiency.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.