We are looking for a Multimedia Producer to join our Current Time Channel news production team. You will assist the Senior Producer, Executive Producer and Managing Editor in finding and creating content for the Current Time TV broadcast and associated web and social media sites.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Research and write TV news copy and video packages. Produce original multimedia content and gather content from RFE/RL language services and news agencies. On occasion, traveL to the field to produce stories and report for Current Time.
- Adapt video content produced by RFE/RL language services for use by Current Time. Coordinate with producers to obtain video files, transcripts, and translations. Adapt and rewrite original scripts into Russian. Share Current Time video materials with RFE/RL’s Multimedia department and other language services.
- Stay on top of news and events. Understand and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Look far ahead on the calendar for coverage and interview opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to Managing Editor, Executive Producers, and other team members for discussion at the daily editorial meeting. Assist Executive Producer in coordinating story submissions by Current Time correspondents.
- Book guests and conducts studio, telephone, and Skype interviews. Develop and cultivate extensive contacts, prepare information to enable high-quality interviews. Gather videos elements for use during associated interviews.
- Assemble and edit recorded video footage into a finished project that is suitable for broadcasting. Ensures logical sequencing and the highest production values of Current Time videos. Exercises quality control for videos assembled by video editors.
- Edits raw video if required, and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Work closely with Line Producer and Executive Producer to make sure video and graphics elements are ready for air. Load ready-to-air video into Octopus, enters scripts into the teleprompter, changes scripts as determined by Executive Producer or Line Producer.
- Construct and manage the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consult with Executive Producer about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos.
- Create and monito the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Hosts/Anchors and Executive Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a media company.
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation is helpful.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and demonstrate that s/he is results oriented. The candidate must be able to work closely with the Executive and other Producers and should also have the ability to stay on top of the news and events in the region.
- An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries is desirable.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
- Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
- Must have excellent research abilities and sound news judgment.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
- Russian language at native level, mandatory
- Proficiency in English, mandatory
- Working knowledge of a Central Asian language, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.