Current Time is looking for a TV ANCHOR/JOURNALIST who will be an integral member of the TV news production team. You will be hosting a variety of news programs as well as contributing journalistically to the content of the programs, relevant to the target audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards. The Anchors can work seamlessly between TV and digital knowing specific demands of RFE/RL audiences and are able to translate TV stories into different formats optimal for digital consumption (and vice versa).
Current Time - Настоящее Время - is a 24/7 international Russian-language television and digital network broadcasting in more than 20 countries, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America.
- Hosts TV news programs. Capable of preparing and planning for weekday and weekend shows, writes news segments, suggests guests and interviews for news and in-depth segments. Conducts in-studio, telephone, Skype, and field interviews.
- Writes her/his own news copy and edits intros supplied by reporters. Writes packages and collaborates with reporters in the field. Carries out in-depth research to a broad brief, preparing for interviews and show segments. May travel to the field.
- Presents coverage possibilities to the assigned program editor/producer for discussion at the daily editorial meeting and the weekly look-ahead meeting in close collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Checks script accuracy, facts, style, and thoroughness of his/her own reporting.
- Exercises good news judgment to keep track of what stories are topical. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities and works with planning on both the TV and the digital sides as required.
- Takes part in relevant training sessions offered by RFE/RL’s Training department to improve her/his performance.
- Adapts and develops a presentation style tailored for a specific program, medium or audience. Provides on-screen commentary during live events, both for TV and digital formats.
- Participates in channel and program promotional campaigns as requested by the management and contributes work to non-TV programming for digital platforms as needed.
- Provides reporting from the field in addition to interviews, special projects, and regular news and information packages.
- They work with assigned program editors/producer to ensure proper planning, production, and presentation of program output.
- Produces engaging content across digital platforms, to include social media, web and video formats. Finds innovative ways to tell complex stories to our audience, particularly in video formats, and also to appear him/herself in these videos.
- Writes, produces and stars in videos meant to explain trending or important topics to our TV and digital audiences.
- Anchors lead live breaking news coverage, if required, providing a confident and knowledgeable commentary, both scripted and ad libitum in case of a developing story.
- Serves as the permanent Anchor of a signature program, at the management decision
- Provides feedback and training to junior or less experienced journalists including video journalists in an effort to improve the quality of reporting.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications (journalism desirable), or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Around 8 years of experience working in comparable journalism/editorial/TV production role in a news media organization
- At least 5 years of experience as an anchor, moderator, or TV host
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Must have understanding of TV production process and roles (especially in the studio).
- Must have excellent news judgment and a good understanding of both international news as well as regional developments in broadcast target area countries.
- Positive, professional demeanor; highly organized, dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral with ability to influence and express conceptual ideas.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Able to provide extended coaching and on-going mentoring to junior staff when required.
- Sound editorial judgment, ability to take responsibility for an output segment or for organization unit’s output on one or more platforms, e.g. radio, TV or website. Proved sufficient leadership qualities in editorial tasks. Can be relied upon to exercise good judgement in sensitive situations.
- Takes responsibility for own professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Russian language, native level, mandatory
- English language, advanced level, mandatory
- Knowledge of another RFE/RL target language desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.