We are looking for a TV Line Producer to join our Current Time TV Channel team. You will be responsible for bringing the show to air. You will create and monitor the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Hosts/Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock. You will make sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction. You will point out daily show issues in post-mortem meetings coordinating with entire team to ensure high standards.
- Responsible for bringing the show to air. During the broadcast informs Executive/Senior Producer of what’s coming up and makes snap decisions on floating and killing stories.
- Constructs and manages the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consults with Executive/Senior Producer about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos. Makes sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction.
- Creates and monitors the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
- Communicates clearly and directly with Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer, liaise with technical and location staff.
- Deals with all incoming video ingest issues and is responsible for video storage. Makes sure video and graphics are in the Tricaster and ready for daily air.
- Participates in research and content gathering from news agencies and RFE/RL’s language services.
- Edits raw videos if required and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Performs related duties as needed. Writing and edits news copy and scripts as needed, ensuring all elements in the rundown are ready for air. May act as a substitute for other comparable roles, e.g. video editor, teleprompter operator, and occasional host.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate BA degree (in communications or journalism preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience working in journalism/editorial/TV production role with the responsibility for newsroom systems operation, televisions production, including live streaming from the field.
- Good editorial judgment.
- Working knowledge of the relevant broadcast region.
- Video editing and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be organized and pro-active with strong management skills.
- Creative ability to enterprise, innovate, conceptualize and implement ideas.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills - a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Russian language, proficient level required
- English language, intermediate level required
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.