We are looking for a Web Editor to join the Current Time TV Channel team. You will be responsible for web writing and editorial requirements of web products and coordination of coverage of breaking news. You may also perform the duties of a digital broadcaster. A commitment to journalistic impartiality is a given and should guide editors from start to finish.
- Maintains the Current Time website, publishes clean and compelling content.
- Edits materials and is responsible for editorial content of own work as well as that of other contributors.
- Edits packages originally produced for TV to publish them in form of articles on the website.
- Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to RFE/RL’s standards, following company procedures.
- Updates the Current Time website in a timely and professional manner, is responsible for consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Works with freelance authors in the coverage region, commissions and edits their stories.
- Coordinates coverage of breaking news and, when necessary, performs duties of a digital broadcaster of breaking news.
- In addition to web production, web editors are encouraged to pitch ideas and expected to take on writing assignments, as needed.
- Collaborates with social media administrators and video producers in adapting the web-content for social media use.
- Responds to the audience e-mail comments/queries.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Journalism or related field (MA - Master degree).
- Around 5 years of work experience as a web editor.
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Must have excellent news judgment and a good understanding of both international news as well as regional developments in broadcast target area countries.
- Positive, professional demeanor; highly organized, dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Russian language, native level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level. Reliably translates current affairs texts from English into native language, mandatory
Knowledge of another RFE/RL target language desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.