We are seeking an Office Manager to join our Current Time TV Channel team. The channel is a 24-hour Russian language television and digital news network aimed at audiences in Russia, the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, and around the world. You will responsible for the efficient functioning of the operational aspects of the Current Time newsroom, as well as supervising or assisting in supervising all non-editorial activities of the Current Time department. Your duties will include routine and unanticipated administrative responsibilities, from scheduling and budgeting to interacting with other broadcasting and operational divisions of RFE/RL. You will also cooperate with the Supervisor for RFE/RL News Administration to keep abreast of all changes in administrative and operational policies and procedures, as well as communicate, explain and ensure compliance within the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (the list is not exhaustive):
- Assistance in the management of the department’s operation and involvement in management planning, strategic change, and decision-making.
- Work coordination with the Channel’s current News Administration Coordinator to ensure efficient running of the operational aspects of the department.
- Liaison between the newsroom and other departments on administrative and operational matters.
- Liaison with freelancers to check their payments against their editorial contributions as required.
- Timely processing of timesheets, freelance contracts, freelance payments, etc., on behalf of the staff and team leaders.
- Ensuring that department operates at full capacity, including workspace assignments, computers, telephone service, studio equipment, facilities, and other resources and responsible for the general order of all office materials and equipment, liaising with other departments as necessary.
- Arrangement and communication of staffing schedules for the department in cooperation with the management.
- Assistance with the intake and orientation of new staff as well as exit procedures for outgoing staff in cooperation with HR.
- Coordination of visits to the department by guests and freelancers (arranging for RFE/RL building access cards, work space, housing, per diem and other expense reimbursement as necessary).
- Processing current financial records including invoices, purchase orders, requisitions and/or payroll-staffing data.
- Tracking and monitoring the department's expenses/spending against monthly budget reports. Calculating and/or verifying specific line items, expense totals and account balances. Identifying errors/problems and following-up with finance department as necessary.
- Maintenance of department databases and files.
- Engaging in special projects as assigned.
- Business administration or related field BA - Bachelor degree
- Work in administration 5-8 years
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions. (Desirable)
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Accuracy and detail orientation.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step by step approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Communication skills; written and verbal.
- End-user knowledge of Lotus Notes. (Desirable)
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Organizational skills
- Previous experience handling confidential data.
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients
- Russian language at native level, mandatory
- English language, upper-intermediate (B2), mandatory
- Czech language, upper-intermediate (B2), mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.