Current Time - Настоящее Время - is a 24/7 international Russian-language television and digital network broadcasting in more than 20 countries, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America. We are looking for an experienced Multimedia Producer to join our Footage vs. Footage unit. You will assists Managing Editor, Editors and Producers in finding and creating content for the Current Time TV broadcast and associated web and social media sites.
- Researches and writes TV news copy and video packages. Produces original multimedia content and gathers content from RFE/RL language services and news agencies. On occasion, travels to the field to produce stories and report for Current Time.
- Adapts video content produced by RFE/RL language services for use by Current Time. Coordinates with producers to obtain video files, transcripts, and translations. Adapts and rewrites original scripts into Russian. Shares Current Time video materials with RFE/RL’s Multimedia department and other language services.
- Stays on top of news and events. Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage and interview opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to Managing Editor, Executive Producers, and other team members for discussion at the daily editorial meeting. Assists Executive Producer in coordinating story submissions by Current Time correspondents.
- Books guests and conducts studio, telephone, and Skype interviews. Develops and cultivates extensive contacts, prepares information to enable high-quality interviews. Gathers videos elements for use during associated interviews.
- Assembles and edits recorded video footage into a finished project that is suitable for broadcasting. Ensures logical sequencing and the highest production values of Current Time videos. Exercises quality control for videos assembled by video editors.
- Works closely with Footage vs. Footage editor and producer to make sure video and graphics elements are ready for show. Loads ready-to-air video into Octopus, enters scripts into the teleprompter, changes scripts as determined by Executive Producer or Line Producer.
- Edits raw video if required, and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Helps manage Current Time's social media channels, including (but not limited to) YouTube, by posting videos and engaging with the audience.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a media company.
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation is helpful.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and demonstrate that s/he is results oriented. The candidate must be able to work closely with the Executive and other Producers and should also have the ability to stay on top of the news and events in the region.
- An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries is desirable.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
- Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
- Must have excellent research abilities and sound news judgment
- Russian language at native level, mandatory
- Proficiency in English, mandatory
- Working knowledge of a Central Asian language, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.