We are looking for Scheduling Producer to join our Current Time TV Channel Scheduling team and to provide support to the channel’s 24/7 streaming programming. You will work closely with the Manager of Scheduling and a Senior Producer to create programming, advisories and graphics to fill the schedule. You will be also responsible for verifying material to be ready for transmission as well as transferring and uploading programs to various software systems.
This is 24/7 Russian-language television channel and your flexibility to work different shifts including night shifts and weekends is essential.
- Participates in sourcing new daily programing, leveraging existing available content to create new on-air products.
- Works with producers to write, edit and produce advisories for upcoming events.
- Edits TV programs to ensure compliance with RFE/RL standards for censorship or technical requirements.
- Uploads programs to the automated satellite playout system; to Pangea for web; and prepares and upload programs for the affiliates.
- Ingests, transcodes and transfers all programs into the Viz/Opus system and update the Octopus system accordingly.
- Prepares for Viz/Opus all promos, Channel IDs and, fillers and interstitials and verify their input into the system.
- Verifies that all ingested material has been successfully recorded and ready for Transmission (TX) in the Opus system.
- Daily fills and update TV Schedule in Pangea.
- Creates daily rundown in Octopus according TV schedule.
- Ensures that all spots scheduled are correct and approved for air.
- Record all live programs and then prepare them for the scheduled repeat cycle, including all needed editing or updates. This includes addressing any QC needs such as verifying that all image and audio parameters are recorded and accordingly correct.
- Ensures proper execution of all live events.
- Receives all program materials and verify that they meet the technical needs for the Channel (ie: video and audio meet required standards as well performing necessary Quality Control [QC] checks).
- Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Gathering information from stakeholders for the music report on monthly basis.
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, a related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- minimum of 6 months of experience in non-linear video editing for a news organization.
- minimum of 6 months of experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
- minimum of 6 months of experience in television production, including live streaming from the field.
- Understands FTP and codec.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6, desirable
- Must be familiar with 2D and 3D graphic design packages
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate.
- Ability to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Good sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Familiarity regarding RFE/RL's target countries.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL
- Russian language fluency is mandatory.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.