We are looking for a Scheduling Producer to join the Scheduling team of RFE/RL’s Current Time TV Channel to provide support to the channel’s 24/7 streaming programming. You will work closely with the Manager of Scheduling and a Senior Producer to create programming, advisories and graphics to fill the schedule. You will be also responsible for verifying material to be ready for transmission as well as transferring and uploading programs to various software systems.
This is 24/7 Russian-language television channel and your flexibility to work different shifts including night shifts and weekends is essential.
- Uploads programs to the automated satellite playout system; to Pangea for web and daily fills and update TV Schedule in Pangea.
- Updates Octopus template according to the changes in TV schedule and creates daily rundown in Octopus according TV schedule.
- Ingests, transcodes, transfers all programs into the Viz/Opus system and update the Octopus system accordingly.
- Prepares for Viz/Opus all promos, Channel IDs and, fillers and interstitials and verify their input into the system.
- Verifies that all ingested material has been successfully recorded and ready for Transmission (TX) in the Opus system.
- Gathers information from stakeholders and prepares the music report on monthly basis.
- Participates in sourcing new daily programing, leveraging existing available content to create new on-air products.
- Works with producers to write, edit and produce advisories for upcoming events.
- Edits scheduled TV programs to ensure compliance with RFE/RL standards or technical requirements and that they are approved and ready for air.
- Records all live programs and then prepare them for the scheduled repeat cycle, including all needed editing or updates. This includes addressing any QC needs such as verifying that all image and audio parameters are recorded and accordingly correct.
- Ensures proper execution of all live events.
- Receives all program materials and verifies that they meet the technical needs for the Channel (i.e. video and audio meet required standards as well performing necessary Quality Control [QC] checks).
- Prepares, uploads and sends programs in a suitable format to affiliates; and ensures affiliates are informed of any changes in the schedule or new programs uploaded.
- Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, a related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Minimum one-year experience in non-linear video editing for a news organization.
- Minimum one-year experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
- Minimum one-year experience in television production, including live streaming from the field.
- Understands FTP and codec.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6, desirable
- Must be familiar with 2D and 3D graphic design packages
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate.
- Ability to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Good sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Familiarity regarding RFE/RL's target countries.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- Russian language at native level mandatory
- English language at proficiency level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.