Current Time - Настоящее Время - is a 24/7 international Russian-language television and digital network broadcasting in more than 20 countries, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America. We are looking for a Web Editor to support our new morning news program based in Kyiv. You will be responsible for web writing and editorial requirements of web products and coordination of coverage of breaking news. You will also perform the duties of a digital broadcaster. A commitment to journalistic impartiality is a given and should guide editors from start to finish.
- Maintains the target audience website, publishes clean and compelling content.
- Edits materials and is responsible for editorial content of own work as well as that of other contributors.
- Edits packages originally produced for TV to publish them in form of articles on the website.
- Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to RFE/RL’s standards, following company procedures.
- Updates the target audience website in a timely and professional manner, is responsible for consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Works with freelance authors in the coverage region, commissions and edits their stories.
- Coordinates coverage of breaking news and, when necessary, performs duties of a digital broadcaster of breaking news.
- In addition to web production, web editors are encouraged to pitch ideas and expected to take on writing assignments, as needed.
- Collaborates with social media administrators and video producers in adapting the web-content for social media use.
- Responds to the audience e-mail comments/queries.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Journalism or related field (MA - Master degree)
- Around 5 years of experience as a web editor
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure., mandatory
- Previous journalism experience required, including work in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines (at least 5 years),
- Online Journalism, Online writing
- Relevant software knowledge
- Web editing
- Copy-editing skills
- In addition to working regular shifts is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by a supervisory editor
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required
- Russian (Native level), mandatory
- English language (Proficient), desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.