We are looking for a Video Editor/ Producer to join our Current Time TV Channel acquisitions and commissioning team. You will work closely works closely with the Executive Editor for Programming and with the Acquisition Managers; but also with the Current Team scheduling and digital teams to edit and produce video content and trailers, promos, teasers for acquired and commissioned content.
- Coordinates with acquisition managers to ensure strategic promotion of acquired and commissioned content.
- Works with acquisition managers to write, edit and produce trailers, promos, teasers, and advisories for the documentary films from pre-production including brainstorming, concept, to final cuts.
- Edits TV audio-visual content to ensure compliance with RFE/RL standards for or technical requirements.
- Coordinates the reception of documentary film files and all commissioned and acquired content
- Prepares the film files for voice over and ensures the reception of translated films and technical compliance of the received files.
- Works with acquisition managers to write, edit and produce trailers, promos, teasers, for the documentary films and selected acquired and commissioned content in social media format
- Uploads programs in Pangea for the web needs.
- Work closely with graphics designers on the style and the design of the promotional content.
- Works with commission content producers to ensure the quality of product for placement on Current Time platforms.
- Works with Current Time affiliates on distribution issues.
- Prepares promos for commissioned and acquired documentary content in broadcast and social media formats.
- Receives all program materials and verify that they meet the technical needs for the Channel (ie: video and audio meet required standards as well performing necessary Quality Control [QC] checks).
- Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
- Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
- Continuously discovers and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, a related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in non-linear video editing for a news organization.
- Minimum one year experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
- A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate and tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Premier, Media Encoder & Photoshop
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Broad knowledge of international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries.
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- Russian language at native level, mandatory
- English language at proficiency level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.