We are looking for a Video/Producer Editor to join our feature programming team at Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv/. You will work closely with the Commissioning Editors as well as the Current Time’s scheduling and digital teams to edit and produce video content and trailers, promos, teasers for acquired and commissioned content.
- Coordinates with Commissioning Editors to ensure strategic promotion of acquired and commissioned content.
- Coordinates the reception of documentary film files and all commissioned and acquired content.
- Works with Commissioning Editors to write, edit and produce trailers, promos, teasers, and advisories for the documentary films from pre-production including brainstorming, concept, to final cuts.
- Prepares promos for commissioned and acquired documentary content in broadcast and social media formats.
- Prepares film files for voice over and ensures the reception of translated films and technical compliance of the received files.
- Uploads programs in Pangea for the web needs.
- Work closely with graphics designers on the style and the design of the promotional content.
- Works with commissioned content producers to ensure the quality of product for placement on Current Time platforms.
- Works with Current Time affiliates on distribution issues.
- Receives all program materials and verify that they meet the technical needs for the Channel (ie: video and audio meet required standards as well performing necessary Quality Control [QC] checks).
- Edits TV audio-visual content to ensure compliance with RFE/RL standards for or technical requirements.
- Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
- Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
- Continuously discovers and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
Qualifications and experience
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, a related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in non-linear video editing for a news organization.
- Minimum one year experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
- A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate and tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Premier, Media Encoder & Photoshop.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Broad knowledge of international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries.
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- Russian language, native level.
- English language, proficiency level.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.