Current Time is a 24/7 television and digital network for Russian speakers, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America. We are looking for Line Producers for our new morning news program based in Kyiv. You will be responsible for bringing the show to air standard and make sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction.
The job requires working an early morning shift from 2:30 till 10:30.
- Responsible for bringing the show to air. During the broadcast informs Executive Producer of what’s coming up and makes snap decisions on floating and killing stories.
- Constructs and manages the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consults with Executive Producer about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos. Makes sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction.
- Creates and monitors the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Anchors and Executive Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
- Communicates clearly and directly with Anchors and Executive Producer, liaise with technical and location staff.
- Deals with all incoming video ingest issues and is responsible for video storage. Makes sure video and graphics are in the Tricaster and ready for daily air.
- Participates in research and content gathering from news agencies and RFE/RL’s language services.
- Edits raw videos and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Points out daily show issues in post-mortem meetings coordinating with entire team to ensure high standards.
- Performs related duties as needed. Writing and edits news copy and scripts as needed, ensuring all elements in the rundown are ready for air. May act as a substitute for other comparable roles, e.g. video editor, teleprompter operator.
- Undergraduate BA degree (in communications or journalism preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience working in journalism/editorial/TV production role with the responsibility for newsroom systems operation, televisions production, including live streaming from the field
- Working knowledge of the relevant broadcast region.
- Video editing and writing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be organized and pro-active with strong leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Must be open to feedback and on-going self-development
- Russian language, proficient level, mandatory
- Ukrainian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.