We are looking for a TV Anchor/Multimedia Journalist to join our Current Time Channel news production team based in Bishkek. You will host a variety of news programs as well as contributing journalistically to the content of the shows. Working closely with the Senior Producer you will ensure proper planning, production, and presentation of show output. You will be also required to provide reporting from the field in addition to interviews, special projects, and regular news and information packages. You may be asked to serve as the permanent Anchor of a signature program and anchor live breaking news coverage. You will participate in promotional campaigns and additional assignments for digital platforms as needed.
- Hosts Current Time Central Asia TV shows. Capable of preparing and planning for weekday and weekend shows, writes news segments, suggests guests and interviews for news and in-depth segments. Conducts in-studio, telephone, Skype, and field interviews.
- Writes her/his own news copy and edits intros supplied by reporters. Writes packages and collaborates with reporters in the field. Carries out in-depth research to a broad brief, preparing for interviews and show segments. May travel to the field.
- Adapts and develops a presentation style tailored for a specific show. Anchors live breaking news coverage, if required, providing a confident and knowledgeable commentary, both scripted and ad libitum in case of a developing story.
- Participates in channel and program promotional campaigns as requested by Channel management. Contribute work to non-TV programming for Current Time’s digital platforms as requested by Channel management.
- Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Checks script accuracy, facts, style, and thoroughness of his/her own reporting. Exercises good news judgment to keep track of what stories are topical. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities.
- Provides feedback and training to video journalists in an effort to improve the quality of reporting. Takes part in relevant training sessions offered by RFE/RL’s Training department to improve her/his performance.
- Presents coverage possibilities to Senior Producer for discussion at the daily editorial meeting and the weekly look-ahead meeting in close collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Provides reporting from the field in addition to interviews, special projects, and regular news and information packages.
- Serves as the permanent Anchor of a signature program, at the decision of Channel management
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications (journalism desirable), or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working in comparable journalism/editorial/TV production role in a news media organization
- Previous professional experience as an anchor, moderator or TV host
- You must have understanding of TV production process and roles (especially in the studio).
- Excellent news judgment and a good understanding of international news especially regional events in Russia and Central Asia is a must.
- Positive professional demeanor; highly organized, dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Ability to mentor and train junior or less experienced staff.
- Demonstrated ability of first-rate editorial judgment, and working knowledge of relevant broadcast region.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- You must be open to feedback and on-going self-development
- Russian language, native level, mandatory
- English language, proficient, desirable
- Working knowledge of a Central Asian language, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.