We are looking for a Line Producer to join our Current Time Channel news production team based in Bishkek. You will be responsible for bringing the show to air. You will create and monitor the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Hosts/Anchors and Senior Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock. You will make sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction. It will be also your responsibility to point out daily show issues in post-mortem meetings coordinating with entire team to ensure high standards.
- Responsible for bringing the show to air. During the broadcast informs Senior Producers of what’s coming up and makes snap decisions on floating and killing stories.
- Constructs and manages the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consults with Executive Producer about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos. Makes sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction.
- Creates and monitors the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Hosts/Anchors and Senior Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
- Communicates clearly and directly with Hosts/ Anchors and Executive Producer, liaise with technical and location staff.
- Deals with all incoming video ingest issues and is responsible for video storage. Makes sure video and graphics are in the Tricaster and ready for daily air.
- Participates in research and content gathering from news agencies and RFE/RL’s language services.
- Edits raw video if required, and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Performs related duties as needed. Writing and edits news copy and scripts as needed, ensuring all elements in the rundown are ready for air. May act as a substitute for other comparable roles, e.g. video editor, teleprompter operator, and occasional host
- Undergraduate BA degree (in communications or journalism preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience working in journalism/editorial/TV production role with the responsibility for newsroom systems operation, televisions production, including live streaming from the field
- Demonstrated sound editorial judgment.
- Working knowledge of the relevant broadcast region.
- Video editing and writing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be organized and pro-active with strong leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated creative ability to enterprise, innovate, conceptualize and implement ideas.
- Demonstrated proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Must be open to feedback and on-going self-development
- Proficiency in English
- Russian as a first language
- Knowledge of another RFE/RL target language preferably a Central Asian language, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.