We are looking for a TV Producer to be based in Kyiv to oversee all aspects of video production for RFE/RL’s Current Time TV originating from Kyiv. You will serve as a liaison between Current Time and RFE/RL’s Ukrainian Service in Kyiv. You will work in close coordination and maintain a strong working relationship with the Kyiv bureau of RFE/RL’s Ukrainian Service. You will oversee the Current Time correspondents and manage shoot logistics for them. You will be also responsible for researching, finding, and delivering studio and remote guests, managing guest bookings, and coordinating remote connections for daily Current Time news coverage and breaking news as well as long-term planning. You will identify guests to present a broad spectrum of views and opinions and pitch story ideas to producers in Prague.
- Acts as Current Time’s liaison with television production teams at the Kyiv bureau of RFE/RL’s Ukrainian Service; participates in relevant production planning meetings with Ukrainian Service colleagues as required.
- Develops and maintains an extensive and up-to-date database of contacts that covers different areas of expertise across Ukraine.
- Researches and gathers background information for Current Time hosts and program teams. Manages broadcast logistics for guest interviews.
- Respond quickly to developing news stories to find appropriate guests and contributors;
- Participates remotely in Current Time editorial and planning meetings as required, offering creative, well-researched ideas for guests and contributors.
- Provides all necessary information on guests and contributors needed by the production and technical teams, ensuring that the appropriate details are entered into the relevant systems, and that requirements are made known to graphics and other teams as necessary;
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times. Exercises sound editorial judgement, and takes editorial responsibility for all own material.
- Regularly suggests viable coverage ideas (both content and format), and contributes to future program planning.
- Actively participates in program feedback sessions with fair and constructive comments, and contributes as a supportive member of the team.
- Is familiar with the Service’s output on all platforms, and strives to increase the Service’s impact
- Responds with flexibility to the location and time demands of journalistic work.
- Produces quality work right the first time round.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or certificate in communications film studies or journalism helpful but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation including line and field production methods as well as studio-based live video production.
- Must have completed training with control room operations during a live newscast as well as an understanding of principles of camera and audio board operation including camera switcher equipment and systems.
- Excellent communication skills, mandatory.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to use images and sound to achieve the Service Director’s vision, mandatory.
- Should have a strong sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail, mandatory.
- An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries, desirable.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to visually showcase high-impact stories, mandatory.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters, mandatory.
- Russian language proficiency, mandatory
- English language B2 level, mandatory
- Czech language B2 level desirable
- Working knowledge of a Central Asian language, desirable but not required
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.