Current Time https://www.currenttime.tv/ is a 24/7 international Russian-language television and digital network broadcasting in more than 20 countries, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America. We are looking for Multimedia Producers for our morning news program https://www.currenttime.tv/utro . You will assist the Executive Producer in finding and creating content for the Current Time TV broadcast and associated web and social media sites
The job requires working an early morning shift and late afternoon shifts.
- Research and write TV news copy and video packages. Produce original multimedia content and gather content from RFE/RL language services and news agencies. On occasion, travel to the field to produce stories and report for Current Time.
- Adapt video content produced by RFE/RL language services for use by Current Time. Coordinate with producers to obtain video files, transcripts, and translations. Adapt and rewrite original scripts into Russian. Share Current Time video materials with RFE/RL’s Multimedia department and other language services.
- Stay on top of news and events. Understand and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Look far ahead on the calendar for coverage and interview opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to Executive Producers, and other team members for discussion at the daily editorial meeting. Assist Executive Producer in coordinating story submissions by Current Time correspondents.
- Book guests and conducts studio, telephone, and Skype interviews. Develop and cultivate extensive contacts, prepare information to enable high-quality interviews. Gather videos elements for use during associated interviews.
- Assemble and edit recorded video footage into a finished project that is suitable for broadcasting. Ensures logical sequencing and the highest production values of Current Time videos. Exercises quality control for videos assembled by video editors.
- Edits raw video, if required, and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Work closely with Line Producer and Executive Producer to make sure video and graphics elements are ready for air. Load ready-to-air video into Octopus, enters scripts into the teleprompter, changes scripts as determined by Executive Producer or Line Producer.
- Construct and manage the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consult with Executive Producer about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos.
- Create and monitor the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Hosts/Anchors and Executive Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a media company.
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation is helpful.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and demonstrate that s/he is results oriented. The candidate must be able to work closely with the Executive and other Producers and should also have the ability to stay on top of the news and events in the region.
- An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries is desirable.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
- Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
- Must have excellent research abilities and sound news judgment.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
- Russian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.