Join Our Dynamic Team as a Web Editor for Current Time Digital!
Are you a seasoned editor with a passion for delivering accurate and compelling news content? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to become an integral part of Current Time Digital, a leading platform in the world of digital journalism.
Current Time is the leading independent Russian-language television channel, providing factual news, unbiassed reporting, and engaging video content to Russian-speaking audiences. We strive to ensure people have access to accurate information in places where such access may be limited by censorship, and freedom of speech may be under threat.
As a Web Editor at Current Time Digital, you'll be at the forefront of shaping and delivering engaging content on our website. Your responsibilities include:
- Content Management: Maintain the website for our target audience by consistently publishing clean and compelling content.
- Editing Excellence: Edit materials with precision, ensuring the highest editorial standards for both your work and that of other contributors.
- Multimedia Integration: Edit TV packages into informative articles for our online audience.
- Accurate Reporting: Ensure accuracy and adherence to RFE/RL's standards in all news stories, following company procedures.
- Timely Updates: Update the website promptly and professionally, consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Collaboration: Work closely with freelance authors, coordinating coverage and commissioning stories within the coverage region.
- Breaking News Coverage: Coordinate coverage of breaking news and, when necessary, perform duties as a digital broadcaster.
- Content Creation: Contribute ideas and take on writing assignments, showcasing your creativity and expertise.
- Education: Master's degree in Journalism or a related field.
- Experience: Approximately 5 years of digital newsroom editing experience, with a deep understanding of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area.
- Skills: Proficiency in web editing, copy-editing, and online journalism.
- Technological Proficiency: Relevant software knowledge to enhance your editing capabilities.
- Language Proficiency: Native-level Russian is mandatory; proficiency in Ukrainian is strongly recommended, and English proficiency is desired.
- Web Editing Expertise: Demonstrated skills in web editing and online content creation.
- Writing Prowess: Exceptional copy-editing and writing skills.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to work during important breaking news events, weekends, and remotely as needed.
What we offer:
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (health & life insurance, retirement savings program, paid vacation and sick leave, pre-tax transportation benefit, etc.)
- Hybrid work schedule
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.