Current Time https://www.currenttime.tv/ is the leading independent Russian-language television channel, providing factual news, unbiassed reporting, and engaging video content to Russian-speaking audiences. We strive to ensure people have access to accurate information in places where such access may be limited by censorship, and freedom of speech may be under threat.
We are looking for a Data/Visual Journalist for the Current Time DIGITAL department. As a part of Current Time’s dedicated team for digital, you will focus primarily on collecting, analyzing, and using data and graphics to distill complex topics (e. g., economics, corruption, legislation, etc.) into user-friendly, compelling, engaging, interactive, and interesting stories for multiple platform use (digital, web, social media & TV).
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change.
You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is a must.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Take a direct role in the daily analysis of data production of info graphics, charts, graphs, etc.;
- Designs online interactives incl. microsites, design elements for feature content;
- Stay on top of world news, attend editorial meetings;
- Work in close collaboration with graphic designers and other specialist staff from across the organization both in Prague and in the bureaus creating visual projects under tight deadlines;
- Process difficult data sets and presents compelling stories around them;
- Develop bots, games, and other tools, with a specific focus on a positive and informative experience, particularly for mobile consumption;
- Stay current and provide guidance and support in the areas of state‑of‑the‑art data visualization practices, including web design/ mobile/ tablet/ desktop UI, graphic presentation, interactivity etc.;
- Provide design and execution for web page, web page elements, HTML emails, site promotions, partner channels, print collateral and other site features/enhancements.
What you bring:
- A degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Journalism, or a related field or relevant working experience
- A proven commitment to standards-driven web development and design
- Excellent people skills and a customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate with clarity and keep a flexible schedule
- excellent organizational skills and teamwork
- Ability to generate original ideas consistently.
- Motivation, a proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Git and modern Frontend frameworks.
- Expertise in Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalents
- Fluency in Russian and English
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (Multisport card, 13 sick days, public transportation allowance, contributory retirement savings plan, life insurance, optional Cigna international health insurance coverage, relocation benefits incl. housing, school tuition allowance for dependent children, in-house language courses, professional training etc.)
- Modern work environment with convenient access to various public transit options near a metro station
Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted. Cover letters are required and, yes, we do read them.
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To learn more about us please refer to our web pages:
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.