If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Current Time Digital is a young and driven team that produces news and original content across various digital platforms to compliment the coverage of Current Time, Radio Liberty's Russian-language TV network. We provide creative, engaging, and accurate reporting and storytelling for platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and many others.
Our internship offers hands-on experience in preparing Russian-language articles, data-driven reports, infographics, films, and videos (including social videos) for a Russian-speaking audience. Intern will potentially also have the opportunity to learn about analytics and media market trends, and publishing, as well as to create their own original content.
The internship is in-house at Current Time offices in Prague. The intern would be expected to assist the team at least 16 hours per week. Days per week are flexible and depend on agreement with the mentor.
You will learn:
- About the work of the Current Time Digital team.
- How to use media-friendly language for storytelling.
- How to use video to tell a story that captures viewers’ imagination or attention.
- How to work with data and visual storytelling.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- An educational background or work experience in digital journalism (TV or print is also acceptable).
- An interest in and awareness of news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
- Basic knowledge of video editing, including subtitling (Adobe Premiere)
- Fluency in written and oral Russian, proficiency in English.
- A keen interest in social media and social-media outlets
- The ability to find reliable information and detect trends in media topics and media consumers' interests is an advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative, to multitask and work both independently and in a team.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.