Our Current Time Digital team is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with video editing for an English-language online project. The selected intern should be able to start as soon as possible and provide support at least until mid-August 2019.
The intern would be expected to assist the project at least 16 hours per week. Days per week are flexible and depend on agreement with the mentor. The internship will provide hands-on experience preparing Russian-language TV news programs, films, and videos (including social videos) for an English-speaking audience. This experience will include working during a national election. The intern will potentially also have the opportunity to create his or her own English-language videos, using Current Time’s footage, supplemented by his or her own reporting.
You will learn:
- about the work of the Current Time Digital team.
- how to use media-friendly language for storytelling.
- how to use video to tell a story that captures viewers’ imagination or attention.
- how to use research/reporting in one language to tell a convincing story in another.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- An educational background or work experience in digital journalism (TV or print is also acceptable).
- Interest in and awareness of news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
- Basic knowledge of video editing, including subtitling (Adobe Premiere)
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a plus.
- A laptop with appropriate word-processing and/or video-editing software
- High proficiency in written and oral English and Russian.
- Experience in translating (from Russian into American English) is an advantage.
- A strong understanding of how copyright applies to online videos
- A keen interest in social media and social-media outlets
- An ability to find reliable information and detect trends in media topics and media consumers' interests is an advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative, to multitask and work both independently and in a team
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.