We are looking for a Project Editor for Current Time TV’s solutions journalism unit, who will be based in Riga and lead a group of creative journalists committed to delivering compelling solutions journalism reporting for digital audiences.
Solutions journalism not only spotlights social problems but also showcases, via evidence-based reporting, existing solutions. It investigates and explains in compelling ways how people, communities, and institutions try to solve problems that are relevant to wider audiences.
As a Project Editor for solution journalism reporting at Current Time TV, you will be editorially responsible for the output of dedicated reporters in the team you lead.
As an integral part of Current Time Digital, you will produce content on mission-oriented and trending topics together with the team and through enterprise discovery. A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is a must.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This job is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. Supervising the team of journalists – this entails editorial oversight and scheduling – you are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling across platforms.
This position reports to the Managing Editor of Current Time Digital.
RFE/RL may assist the successful candidate with relocation to Riga, Latvia.
- Coordinates assignments and production process of solution journalism content intended primarily for digital media distribution
- Edits the content produced by reporters and makes sure it meets RFE/RL journalistic standards as well as requirements for successful digital content
- Participates in editorial meetings and maintains seamless communication with other teams and editors in Current Time Digital
- Proactively communicates content plans within Current Time and shares produced content in a timely manner
- Supports the growth, goal setting, professional development, and performance of reporters s/he leads
- Uses journalistic acumen to find compelling stories for journalism that are relevant to Current Time ’s audiences
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Extensive experience in project management
- Strong reporting and editing background
- Strong news judgment
- Proven leadership skills
- Team-based work ethic
- Understanding of digital success metrics
- Ability to deliver fast, accurate and compelling multimedia production.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Familiarity with html and video editing are a plus.
- Proficiency in Russian (mandatory)
- Proficiency in English (preferred)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.