We are looking for a Digital Video Producer for Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv/ to be based in Riga and be responsible for producing compelling and engaging multimedia content for Current Time’s digital platforms.
As an integral part of Current Time’s dedicated digital team that tackles disinformation, you will produce content on mission-oriented and trending topics together with the team and through enterprise discovery. A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is a must.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This job is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. You are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling across platforms.
This position reports to Sr Digital Producer of Current Time Digital.
RFE/RL may assist the successful candidate with relocation to Riga, Latvia.
- Produces high quality and share-worthy multimedia content specifically geared for social media use, especially for platforms that promote short video formats
- Mines the social media for leads, user generated content and editorially relevant conversations that can be used for reporting
- Closely follows digital journalism best-practices and latest trends in social media storytelling, and, in coordination with colleagues, experiments with new forms of storytelling and on new platforms
- Actively contributes to shaping effective content strategy on social media platforms
- Adapts TV packages and long-form content for social media us
- Keeps the team updated throughout the day on disinformation-related stories worth exploring
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- Extensive experience in producing multimedia projects for digital platforms
- Strong news judgment
- Proficiency in multimedia storytelling for digital platforms
- Team-based work ethics
- Understanding of digital success metrics
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, when required.
- Russian (fluent), mandatory
- English language (proficient), strongly preferred
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.