We are looking for a Sr Telegram Editor for Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv/ to be based in Riga and lead the team of dedicated editors responsible for producing compelling and engaging content for Current Time’s channel on Telegram.
As an integral part of Current Time’s dedicated digital team for Telegram, you will produce content on mission-oriented and trending topics and play a key role in developing an effective result-oriented distribution strategy on the platform. A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is a must.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This job is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. Supervising the team of Telegram editors – this entails editorial oversight and scheduling – you are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling across platforms.
This position reports to the Sr Digital Producer of Current Time Digital.
RFE/RL may assist the successful candidate with relocation to Riga, Latvia.
- Provides editorial oversight for all news stories that are published on Current Time’s Telegram channel
- Supervises work of Telegram Editors, assigns shifts and manages team’s schedules and performance reviews. Provides feedback and criticism to team members on a regular basis.
- Sets standards for news discovery and production processes, participates in development of Current Time’s custom digital production tools.
- Maintains Current Time’s Telegram channel, publishes compelling content that meets RFE/RL editorial standards
- Writes unbiased and factual news stories based on trusted sources on topics relevant for the target audience
- Closely follows best practices on Telegram and play a key role in shaping Current Time’s distribution strategy on the platform
- Expected to explore innovative angles and formats of coverage that contributes to higher ERR (engagement rate by reach) and citation index of Current Time’s Telegram channel
- Collaborates with digital distribution team, video producers and graphics editors in adapting multimedia content for Telegram use
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to the target region. Briefs himself/herself on latest news and issues prior to starting work day
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- Extensive experience in producing and editing news content for digital platforms
- Strong news judgment
- Proficiency in multimedia storytelling for digital platforms
- Team-based work ethics
- Understanding of digital success metrics
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, when required.
- Russian (fluent), mandatory
- English language (proficient), strongly preferred
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.