We are looking for a Sr News Editor for Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv/ to be based in Riga and lead the team of dedicated news editors responsible for producing compelling and engaging content for Current Time’s digital platforms, including website and social media.
As a leading editor of Current Time’s dedicated news team for digital, you will produce content on mission-oriented and trending topics and play a key role in developing an effective result-oriented news strategy on digital platforms.
A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is a must.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This job is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. Supervising the team of Telegram editors – this entails editorial oversight and scheduling – you are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling across platforms.
This position reports to the Sr Web Editor of Current Time Digital.
RFE/RL may assist the successful candidate with relocation to Riga, Latvia.
- Writes and edits the news content on the website.
- Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to RFE/RL’s standards, following company procedures.
- Maintains good journalism practices and writing skills. Keeps deadlines and strives to present material in a creative and original way.
- Supervises work of news editors, assigns shifts and manages team’s schedules and performance reviews. Provides feedback and criticism to team members on a regular basis.
- Detail oriented with a deep understanding of news priorities and news agenda in the coverage region.
- Focuses on compelling digital storytelling, closely follows best practices in media, and ready to experiment with different digital formats.
- Responds quickly to developing news stories and breaking news events and closely collaborates with other editors and social media distribution team.
- Works closely with the Managing Editor and the Sr Web Editor to supervise a team of news writers and reporters, providing feedback, managing the team's work activities, and setting objectives.
- In addition to working regular shifts, the editor is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education in Journalism or related field.
- Extensive experience in news and feature journalism, as both a reporter and an editor, including on digital platforms - 5 years minimum
- Solid grounding in TV and web production, editing and posting on digital platforms.
- Knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the country and the broader region through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team, and to motivate others towards the achievement of common goals, while managing limited resources in an efficient manner.
- First rate news judgment employing balance and accuracy in reporting techniques.
- Proven ability to work quickly and efficiently to solve technical and operational problems under tight deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of the news needs in the broadcast area. Capable of assessing news reports from multiple news agencies and own sources.
- Broadcast region language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.