Reporting to the Director of Procurement, the Procurement Specialist/ Special Analyst is responsible for a range of procurement department activities that impact accomplishment of RFE/RL’s mission objectives in maintaining the public trust in RFE/RL’s operations. The Procurement Specialist/ Special Analyst serves as a specialist with responsibility for ensuring the updating of purchasing activities documentation, responsible for ensuring the administrative tasks of the procurement department, for overseeing the timely and correct implementation of the Purchasing Department's procedures. Assignments span the procurement spectrum from initial planning, through assisting internal customers in describing procurement reporting in terms of monitoring tender procedures, conducting proposal evaluations.
- Assignments span the procurement spectrum from initial planning, through assisting internal customers in describing procurement reporting.
- Ensures competition for goods & services, monitoring tender procedures, conducting proposal evaluations, communicates any changes of tender procedure supervision, internally or externally.
- Assists the organization in contract administration, including change orders, modifications, and overall strategy to procurement.
- Maintains procurement files such that the contractor basis of selection is clearly evident and substantiated; provide justification if there is a lack of competition, provide cost and price analysis, incorporates applicable US statues, ensure the procurement instrument is complete and sound agreement and the best interest of RFE/RL’s in the expenditure of federal funds.
- Maintains procurement files, ensures archiving of signed contract and purchase orders.
- Monitors expiry dates of strategic procurement contracts and reports about them in sufficient advance.
- Ensures Procurement Plans and Procurement reports are updated and valid; monitors the milestones (for requisition, inquiries, proposals) and keeps their fulfilment
- Keeps eProcurement database updated and within the agreed time responsible for its modification to meet procurement requirements
- Communicates any changes of tender procedure supervision, internally or externally.
- Reports Procurement Reports deficiencies/ order discrepancies to the Procurement Director.
- Assists the Procurement Director in awarding procurement actions as required.
- Business administration or related field BA – Bachelor’s degree (Desirable)
- Combination of education and experience
- Administration 2-5 years (Mandatory)
- Previous experience in procurement (Desirable)
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad (Desirable)
- Ability to perform a wide range of administrative tasks (Mandatory)
- Accuracy and detail orientation (Mandatory)
- Dependability & reliability (Mandatory)
- End-user knowledge of Lotus Notes. (Desirable)
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications. (Mandatory)
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients (Mandatory)
- Czech language Proficient (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.