Our mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
The RFE/RL team is looking for an AP Specialist who will report to the DC Finance Account Manager and process all US based payment transactions. This position holds many varied responsibilities that directly impact the financial profile of RFE/RL and provides clarity to our colleagues and leadership across the company. Our AP Specialist manages the AP related month/year-end close procedures and the reconciliation of payable accounts.
We are in search of a dedicated financial professional with a strong track record in corporate accounting. This position will play a key role in ensuring substantiation and completeness of transactions through the review of support documentation, completion of purchase order matching, and regular verification of receipt confirmations.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Process vendor and freelance invoices, travel and expense reimbursements, petty cash transactions and corporate Pcard charges
- Review document support for all payments for adherence to policy and accounting accuracy
- Research and resolve open purchase order items, discrepancies, credit memos, and payment inquiries in a timely manner
- Create and maintain accurate corporate banking EFT/Wire templates for manual payments
- Support an accurate supplier database, including documenting OFAC and SAM checks on vendors
- Prepare month-end AP accrued journal entry and confirm unposted vouchers and payments do not exist
- Complete accounting analysis of assigned AP accounts in timely manner
- Perform close-out procedures at fiscal year-end
- Process calendar year-end 1099 statements for reporting and distribution
- Develop and maintain accurate archive of AP records with e-copies of all completed transactions
What you bring:
- 3+ years of relevant corporate accounting experience with full AP Cycle responsibilities
- Experience working in a multicultural or multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management or Finance required; Master’s degree preferred
- ERP software proficiency
- Strong computer skills with advanced working knowledge of Excel required
- Proven ability to manage workload independently and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze deficiencies and identify/implement process improvements
- Ability to organize and present financial data with clear support documentation
- Display intercultural competence with both internal and external partners at all levels to provide exceptional customer service
- Strong problem solving, analytical and technical skills
- Experience handling confidential, sensitive data with a high degree of discretion
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of dependability and reliability
- English language proficiency (Mandatory)
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What we offer:
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (health & life insurance, retirement savings program, paid vacation and sick leave, pre-tax transportation benefit, etc.)
- Hybrid work schedule
Positions at RFE/RL are considered Public Trust Positions, with appointment contingent upon the positive outcome of a background investigation.
More about us: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. In some cases, if selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment check from public sources.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.