Reporting to the Director of Procurement, the incumbent serves as a contract/competitions expert with responsibility for all large commercial purchasing contracts and RFP based competitions that support the accomplishment of RFE/RL’s mission consistent with RFE/RL’s grant, Part 200 of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principal and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, any federal statutes and Executive Orders pertinent to Federal grantees, and RFE/RL policies and procedures. He/she is responsible for negotiation and management of all contractual agreements with the exception of those of RFE/RL personnel.
- The incumbent serves as primary point of contact for contracting issues with internal and external customers. Drafts and/or reviews agreements such as contracts, subcontracts, terms & conditions, non-disclosure clauses and other legal procurement documents. Ensures contracts/agreements meet all RFE/RL and legal requirements prior to final signature. Prepares solicitations, prepares specialized and/or non-routine contract modifications. Ensures completeness, accuracy and consistency with all statutory and regulatory requirements, OMB Guidelines, Executive Orders, and RFE/RL policies and practices.
- Ensures competition for goods & services that exceed the stated thresholds to the maximum extent practical.
- Participates in acquisition planning, leads competitive procurements, and manages the contractor proposal evaluation groups as a non-voting member.
- Drafts and/or reviews other procurement documents such as statements of work and request for proposals.
- Prepares contract awards and contract modifications. Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation on complex contractual issues.
- Ensures all major contracts/contractors are in full compliance with GDPR requirements, and each contract confirms this.
- Oversees the master agreements for our equipment lease facilities, lease contracts and equipment receiving reports to ensure access to lease financing, and proper documentation for processing invoices.
- Assists the organization in contract administration, including change orders, modifications, and overall strategy to procurement.
- Coordinates with all divisions and lead contract negotiations as necessary to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
- Assists in resolution of non-conforming invoices when identified.
- Assists in identification, development and implementation of contract policy and processes.
- Oversees & assists, when needed during peak procurement periods, with the purchasing of all goods & services by RFE/RL, meeting price, time & regulatory constraints.
- Trains all relevant staff in contracting policies and procedures, as well as their roles & responsibilities in maintain files/databases associated with contracts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Pre-law, economics or related field (BA, BS – Bachelor’s degree), mandatory
- Combination of education and experience, mandatory
- Law (JD – Juris Doctor), desirable
- Previous experience in procurement, contract negotiations, and managing contracts. (5-8 years), mandatory
- Previous experience in drafting requests for information (RFI’s), requests for proposals (RFPs), and commercial purchasing contracts (5-8 years), mandatory
- Previous experience participating in vendor competitions, preferable.
- Previous experience participating in negotiating complex transactions, desirable
- Previous experience with contracting for the commissioning/acquisition of content for distribution on multiple media platforms (2-5 years), preferred
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions, desirable
- Experience w/ U.S. Federal Government regulations concerning procurement guidelines (2-5 years), desirable
- Previous experience working in public or non-profit sector environment. (2-5 years), desirable
- Knowledge of theory and practice of contracting, mandatory
- Knowledge of Part 200 of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principal and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, and any federal statutes and Executive Orders pertinent to Federal grantees. Basic understanding of the difference between procurement/contracting requirements for a federal agency vs a federal grantee, desirable
- Relevant knowledge of the licensing requirements for the acquisition of content for distribution across RFE/RL’s regions on multiple platforms, mandatory
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications, mandatory
- Relevant procurement-related software knowledge, mandatory; knowledge of PeopleSoft, desirable
- Knowledge of running competitions, desirable
- Knowledge of financial legislation including tax law, experience with application of the legislation in an international environment, desirable
- Ability to draft and create policies, desirable
- Knowledge of US legislation and Federal Acquisition Regulations, desirable
- Knowledge of Czech Republic/European Union legislation and regulation, desirable
- English language (Proficient), mandatory
- Czech language (Proficient), mandatory
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge Oral + Written), desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.