The Procurement Manager is the team lead responsible to manage an efficient and effective purchasing operation for the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment, and services based upon established purchasing policies and procedures. Reporting to the Director of Procurement the incumbent will help spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance and support to department managers on their purchasing needs, sourcing and procurement processes including system application knowledge and guidance in database use. The Procurement Manager i s expected to ensure quality control and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management. The incumbent will have a passion for operational excellence and success and be a role model for others on the team. As manager they are also expected to have the desire, willingness, and capability to roll up their sleeves and “do” as well as “manage”.
- Maintains and develops procurement processes that are efficient, inventive and cost-effective.
- Sources and engages reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Assists the organization in contract administration, including change orders, modifications, and overall strategy to procurement.
- Coordinates with all divisions and lead contract and/or offers negotiations as necessary to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
- Negotiates with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy and consistency with all statutory and regulatory requirements, Executive Orders, GDPR requirements and RFE/RL policies and practices.Reviews existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approves purchase orders and organizes and confirms delivery of goods and services.
- Performs risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Prepares procurement reports
- Promotes a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in either supply chain management, finance, business administration or the equivalent in work experience.
- Five years proven purchasing experience including public solicitation e.g., RFP, RFQ, IFB, government/public works bid compliance as well as close supervision as appropriate and effective performance management of a team.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proven ability to acquire knowledge ensuring compliance with relevant RFE/RL standards and policies, host country laws, and US Government regulations, including the relevant components of the Uniform Guidance and EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), as they relate to procurement.
- Demonstrated people and project management skills
- Proven ability to be a customer-focused team player with a positive attitude.
- Proven time management ability to effectively plan, prioritize, document, and implement including excellent ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to produce clear and well-organized documents.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- First language level capability in both English and Czech
- RFE/RL Target language, is a plus
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.