The Regional Finance Officer is responsible for processing Corporate Accounting Package and Time and Attendance agenda of the News Bureaus located throughout RFE/RL's broadcast region and other duties as assigned.
- Audits, processes and records Corporate Accounting Packages from mid-size and large RFE/RL News Bureaus (includes day-to-day transactions - bank & cash payments in various currencies, payroll reviews, procurement reviews, physical voucher control, preparation of bank & cash reconciliations).
- Enters/or validates data entered to accounting system (PeopleSoft).
- Creates/or reviews and maintains clear supporting documentation for accounting and payroll transactions.
- Monitors and maintains pre-paid expenses; write offs and Bureau accruals.
- Conducts analysis of accounts related to assigned Bureaus.
- Is responsible for monitoring recording of assets via AP vouchers.
- Administers and maintains Bureau Time and Attendance in PeopleSoft, monitors timely monthly closures, addresses system issues and monitors vacation limits in line with local labor laws.
- Supervises Bureau Administrators ensuring they consistently and efficiently manage the finance, administrative, and purchasing activities of the regional Bureaus, including prompt and orderly compliance with financial, budgeting, and other administrative requirements.
- In coordination with members of RFO team helps streamline administrative processes in the bureaus.
- Communicates with Bureau Administrators and Accountants to ensure validity of provided information.
- Provides analytical support to Manager, Regional Finance and Operations including, but not limited to compiling and analyzing data to identify trends or issues, working with comparison charts using various databases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field, Bachelor's degree (Desirable)
- General education Secondary (Mandatory)
Accounting 2-5 years, preferably in an international environment (Mandatory)
- Accuracy and detail orientation (Mandatory)
- Dependability & reliability (Mandatory)
- Experience handling confidential, sensitive data and issues with a high degree of discretion (Mandatory)
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications. 4-Very Good (Mandatory)
- Experience in accounting and bookkeeping; preferably in an international environment. (Mandatory)
- Relevant software knowledge (Desirable)
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients (Mandatory)
- Broadcast region language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Desirable)
- Czech language Proficient (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.