Reporting to Manager, CPO & Supplies, the Jr. Property Specialist is responsible for the complete receiving process of all goods. The incumbent ensures that an asset is properly entered to the Inventory Asset database; he/she controls its physical location within RFE/RL and administers documentation related to the Inventory and Asset Management. The incumbent closely cooperates with all the Central Property Office team members and should be able to replace his/her colleagues in their absence.
- Is responsible for all deliveries to the RFE/RL building and obtains receiving report and maintains and updates database of received property
- Administers RFE/RL Inventory process including bar code labeling. Insures any newly purchased goods are in working order, counted and verified against the packing slip and purchase order, and added to inventory records, before distribution within the company. Reports discrepancies to the Procurement office.
- Is responsible for completion of the PO by attaching all delivery slips in electronic version to Peoplesoft.
- Prepares equipment for RFE/RL Disposal procedures.
- Coordinates asset record keeping with all divisions of the company and maintains an updated file of these assets.
- Completes physical inventories in RFE/RL building, storage and archive areas in Prague.
- Assists the Sr. Property Specialist as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Business administration or related field Secondary (Mandatory)
- Combination of education and experience
- Technical institute Secondary (Mandatory)
- Work Experience:
- Administration 2-3 years (Mandatory)
- Property management 0-2 years (Mandatory)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Aptitude for taking initiative to improve internal processes
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications. 3-Good
- Organizational skills
- Czech language Proficient (Mandatory)
- English language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.