This position is based in Prague and reports directly to the CFO, serving as an integral senior member of the finance team. The Director, Contract and Procurement will be responsible for best practices development of RFE/RL’s procurement and contracts services (including special grants), supporting and reviewing requests from across RFE/RL’s entire operation.
The incumbent will direct the development and roll-out of policies, procedures and special projects responsive to interdepartmental and other needs of the organization. The position will be responsible for leading the contract activities organization-wide, and ensuring to comply with relevant USG and OMB regulatory and host country compliance. The position will provide leadership and oversight to the procurement team and work closely with division leadership, to ensure that the procurement team is aligned to meet the goals and objectives of the organization. The position has four direct reports: Contracts & Competitions Officer, Procurement & Licensing Officer, Senior Buyer, and Procurement Specialist.
- I. Contracts, Procurement, and Grants
- Work with supervisory and unit staff and internal stakeholders, ensure that RFE/RL is using effective procurement and negotiation strategies related to deliverables, costs, payment schedules, and terms.
- Lead and manage contract and proposal functions including oversight of the drafting, evaluation and execution of agreements including: contracts, amendments, change orders, non-disclosure agreements, requests for information and master service agreements, are turned around in a timely manner.
- Implement efficiency in the time required at each step of the process by instituting an effective control and monitoring function within the unit.
- Responsible for oversight of contract tracking system and generation of timely reports for senior management.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement to improve quality and efficiency of the contract functions.
- Work with legal counsel and other key collaborators such as Compliance Officer to review contract terms and conditions and to assure compliance with policies as well as relevant host country and U.S. regulatory compliance, acts an EU General Data Protection Regulation /GDPR gatekeeper.
- Actively participate in procurement discussions and negotiation of proposals and contract terms and conditions as needed during sourcing and proposal phase.
- Participate in client meetings as needed.
- Partner with the Contracts & Competitions Officer, and Procurement & Licensing Officer to ensure that contracts and grants are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- II. Team Development and Leadership
- Direct and organize the management of the procurement unit.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement to include a commitment to effective communication, customer service and the highest quality standards.
- Coach and counsel staff to high levels of individual performance by establishing departmental and developmental goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten years relevant preferably with USG procurement and contracts management experience or in a nonprofit, international organization with outside funding source responsibility for budgeting, managing resources, and organizing work processes. Familiarity with GDPR or EU General Data Protection Regulation and knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials or experience are a plus.
- Five plus years of previous direct supervisory experience required including experience managing performance management process for direct reports and providing career development advice and counsel with mentoring and team-building skills.
- A collaborative and successful manager with strong analytical and customer service skills is required.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with staff and senior management.
- Proactive, seasoned professional with evidence of having worked as a business partner to senior level management.
- Identifies key issues in complex situations and develops original concepts to explain complex data.
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge Oral+Written) is a plus.
- English language (Proficient).
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.