This position is based in Prague and reports directly to the Director of Finance, Prague. Serving as an integral senior member of the Finance Division team, the Director, Contracts & Procurement will be responsible for developing and implementing best practices in RFE/RL’s procurement and contracts services (including special grants), including collaborating with partners in developing their requirements and supporting requests from across RFE/RL’s operation.
The incumbent will lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of effective policies, procedures, and special projects that are responsive to the procurement needs of the organization across all departments, disciplines, and geographies. The incumbent is responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance with relevant RFE/RL standards and policies, host country laws, and US Government regulations, including the relevant components of the Uniform Guidance and EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), as they relate to procurement. The position will lead the Contracts and Procurement Team and will work closely with leadership in each of RFE/RL’s Divisions and Departments to ensure that the team is prepared, trained, and aligned to meet the goals and objectives of the organization. The Procurement group has seven members.
I. Contracts, Procurement, and Grants
1. Work with department staff and internal stakeholders to ensure that RFE/RL is using effective contracting, procurement, and negotiating strategies to ensure RFE/RL obtains the best value in deliverables, costs, payment schedules, and terms commensurate with the organization’s needs and goals.
2. Lead and manage contract and proposal functions, including oversight of the drafting, evaluation, and timely presentation for signature of agreements such as: contracts, amendments, change orders, non-disclosure agreements, requests for information, and master service agreements.
3. Ensure that for the appropriate category of contracts, the department conducts competitions that are efficient, effective, time-bound, and meet or exceed all process and/or audit standards in order to bring about the highest and best value for the organization, including whenever appropriate organize, lead, and manage source selection boards of subject matter experts and/or line stakeholders.
4. Periodically analyze the timely throughput and work quality of the department and, using that information, identify and implement needed process improvements at each step of the process, including upgrading control, monitoring, tracking, and reporting functions.
5. Oversee the contract tracking system and generation of timely reports for line and senior management.
6. Work with legal counsel and other key collaborators such as the Director, Risk & Compliance or his/her designee to review contract terms and conditions and to assure compliance with policies as well as relevant host country and U.S. regulatory compliance, including the Uniform Guidance and GDPR.
7. Actively participate in, and lead when appropriate, procurement discussions and negotiation of proposals and contract terms and conditions as needed throughout the sourcing process.
II. Team Development and Leadership
1. Direct and organize the management of the Contracts & Procurement Department.
2. Promote a Departmental culture of high performance and continuous improvement to include a commitment to regular and effective communication, customer service, and the highest quality standards.
3. Coach and counsel staff to high levels of individual performance by establishing departmental and individual developmental goals.
Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten years’ relevant contracts and procurement experience is required, with a preference for U.S. Government contracts and procurement management experience or in a nonprofit, international organization with outside funding sources.
- Five plus years of previous direct supervisory experience is required, including experience managing performance management process for direct reports and providing career development advice and counsel with mentoring and team-building skills.
- A collaborative and successful manager with strong analytical and customer service skills is required.
- Experience in budgeting, managing resources, and organizing work processes is required, preferably in a contracts and procurement setting.
- Familiarity with the Uniform Guidance and GDPR, are a plus.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials, including eProcurement or experience is a plus.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with staff and senior management as a peer business partner is highly desired.
- Ability to identify key issues in complex situations and develop original concepts to explain complex data.
- Near native Czech language proficiency is required
- High level of English language proficiency is required.
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge Oral+Written) is a plus.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.