Our mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
The RFE/RL team is searching for a resolute and experienced Financial Compliance Manager who will lead by designing projects and finding solutions to strengthen our ability to manage risk. As a key member of our team, you will analyze control systems where there is a risk of non-compliance and address concerns in relation to control shortcomings that could lead to financial misstatements. The ideal candidate will display an ability to proactively implement plans that reduce risk and effortlessly work alongside managers and department heads to provide information and training on tools, policies, and procedures. If you are excited about the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment and take charge of projects, we encourage you to apply.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Manage projects that address weaknesses in the organization’s capacity to remain in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Uniform Guidance, internal controls, and other professional standards
- Design projects to implement new systems or procedures; map out a timeline, manage projects, and provide training/follow up to show success
- Research and suggest tools that will improve compliance and reduce financial risks
- Develop action plans to resolve underlying systemic issues in relation to potential audit findings, identified weakness in internal controls, or instances of misconduct
- Create and manage a schedule of regular/periodic functions to undergo risk review
- Analyze systems and issue reports on compliance for internal review
- Monitor internal policies and bylaws and help implement controls to ensure they are followed
- Design and manage implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
- Ensure changes and updates are documented timely, reviewed appropriately, and disseminated to the appropriate team members for compliance
- Maintain a central repository of documented financial procedures and policies
What you bring:
- 8+ years of relevant corporate accounting experience with progressive, senior level responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, or Finance required; Master’s degree in one of these disciplines desirable
- Current Certified Public Accountant credentials strongly preferred
- Proficient in non-profit and government audit and accounting, preferably in an international setting
- Proven ability to analyze deficiencies and identify and implement process improvements
- Proven ability to manage projects and set priorities
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance and OMB audit standards
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse internal and external partners at all levels to provide exceptional customer service
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical skills
- Experience handling confidential, sensitive data with a high degree of discretion
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Solid computer skills with advanced proficiency in Excel required
- PeopleSoft experience preferred but not required
- English proficiency required
What we offer:
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (health & life insurance, retirement savings program, paid vacation and sick leave, pre-tax transportation benefit, etc.)
- Hybrid work schedule
More about us: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us
Positions at RFE/RL are considered Public Trust Positions, with appointment contingent upon the positive outcome of a background investigation.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English, including the vacancy number as above in the subject line.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. In some cases, if selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment check from public sources.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.