The Accounting Clerk is responsible for regular accounting transactions and administrative duties in support of Prague Finance.
- Assists Freelance Payment Specialists by confirming payment terms, conducting SAM and OFAC checks and maintaining remittance information in preparation of payment.
- Codes and prepares night taxi receipts for payment.
- Administers SIM card benefit and employee reimbursement of personal phone calls.
- Administers petty cash for Broadcast Operations, IT and Office Services.
- Update analysis workbooks with monthly general ledger transactions and prepare reconciliations for review.
- Codes and prepares catering invoices for payment.
- Prepares and uploads journal entries for review as directed.
- Provides administrative support to Prague Finance by entering requisitions, filing documents, preparing files for archiving, ordering office supplies, and assisting with routine office work.
- Performs Cashier Office Duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of business school or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- One to three years’ work in a professional office setting
- Work and/or study experience should include bookkeeping/accounting or economics or other demonstrably relevant areas.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Familiarity with Oracle PeopleSoft Finance applications a plus.
- Detail-oriented but with ability to understand broader context of internal policy.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
- Ability to function effectively with people from widely different cultural backgrounds.
- English language proficient,
- Czech language, one or more of RFE/RL’s broadcast languages a plus
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.